Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Something Different, Something Better


I have been griping for years about the current state of popular media, it's endless stream of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Shows which always hang in the morally grey area, Amazing villains, and dysfunctional "Heroes".

I am a firm believer in the principle "You are what you eat". I believe this would be better said "You are what you consume", as it applies not just to what food we ingest, but also what we think about, the shows we watch, the music we listen to. It all has an influence on the choices we make, and the actions we take.

Today, I decided I would try to do something about that. This blog is my tiny effort to stem the flow of negative, media, or at least provide an alternate, more positive stream.

My goal with this blog is to have a post every day, for the next 365 days. I hope to include at least the following in each post:

A positive, uplifting quote.
A link to a video with a positive message, or a video of someone('s) doing something amazing.

At least once a week I want to also include a (relatively current if possible) story highliting someone who did something worth knowing about. Something.... heroic.

I could use some help with this. If you come across good stories or videos, or quotes, please send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment